8 June 2012

Weekly Picks #2



I've decided to add in clothes and accessorises to this weekly feature as I go between makeup & clothes as my loves so I might as well smoosh it all together to make one post! Warning: Expect a lot of lipsticks.

Revlon Matte Lipstick in 'Pink Pout'
I bought this in a 3 for 2 as a 'Oh I'll just get that' purchase. Plus side, I don't regret it. Although it is very similar to MAC Snob which is a favourite of mine, I love Pink Pout. It is more pinky than MAC Snob, I would say slightly more muted but they are both still absolutely gorgeous colours. 


Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel peel off face mask
This little baby is a life saver. My skin wasn't too great at the start of the week, blotchy & covered with random little spots that just decided to appear on my face. This mask makes your skin feel really clean & refreshed - a really good deep clean, right down into your pores. It is pretty cheap too! Win 


Rimmel 'Vintage Pink' Lipstick 
Second lipstick of the post - I am obsessed, I tell you! This is a gorgeous purple, pink much darker than Pink Pout. Basically it is a purple pink rather than a pink purple. I wore this out with this outfit but as the lighting is so bad. you can't see it well! I bought this in my first year at uni & now two years on I am finally getting into using it more often! About time to


Clean & Clear Morning Energy Skin Brightening wash
Another 'Oh I'll just get that' purchase & another that I don't regret! This really has brightened up my complexion a lot & has possibly contributed along side ye ol' Tea Tree & Witch hazel Peel off mask in sorting out my skin. The wash has a lovely fresh, fruity scent to it, it feels light & no greasy at all on the skin. Next time I might go crazy & get me the orange one...


MUA Lipsticks in Number 1 Bare & Number 16 Nectar 
At £1 I couldn't not try these out, it would have been rude! Again not a disappointment in the slightest, they obviously do not have the same quality, texture, colour pay off etc of more expensive lipstick but for a £1 I was really impressed.  They give a nice colour - it doesn't last very long - but at a £1, applying regularly really doesn't matter. Bare is a lovely pinkish nude that is perfect for just hap-hazard application & Nectar is a gorgeous orange shade, it isn't as vibrant as in the tube but it gives a lovely colour to the lips.


Topshop Curve hem tank
I bought this top in grey, realised how much I liked it & had to get another colour. The lavender is a gorgeous summery shade that is really easy to wear. It goes perfectly with the Revlon Pink Pout lipstick - the pair just seem to set each other off. For £10, this is a really easy summer essential. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment