13 August 2012

Hair care

Hair care is something that I have really gotten into recently. Having bleached hair for the 2nd time in my life I know from my 1st experience that it requires a lot of care. It gets very dry, takes on a lovely fluffy cloud texture in the morning & feels funny when it gets wet. This said, these are my go to products in order to keep my hair soft & nourished as well as keeping brassy yellow tones at bay and adding some shine. You can see my full hair history here. 

Not all products mentioned are pictured as I am at my Mum & Dad's house, grabbing the most convenient products while packing has resulted in leaving a few in the flat! 

Washing & Conditioning
My 1st journey into Team Blonde saw me use firstly, John Fredia Colour renew shampoo & conditioner before moving onto the Lee Stafford Bleach blondes shampoo & conditioner. The Lee Stafford products I chose to use again this time around until I discovered the Touch of Silver line through blogs. This stuff is not only cheap but an amazing product that really cares for the hair. Currently I am using the Daily Maintenance shampoo, nourishing shampoo & the twice a week brightening shampoo. These three products, particularly the twice a week shampoo keep my colour bright & yellow free without breaking the bank!

To keep add some moisture back to my hair I use the Herbal Essences Hello Hydration shampoo, conditioner & hair mask. All three of these products leave my hair feeling soft & helps to combat the fluffy texture bleached hair can take on sometimes. Generally I use the The touch of silver line shampoo & conditioner one day then the Herbal Essences the next with the twice a week brightening shampoo funnily enough twice a week! I like to do a hair mask at least twice a week leaving it on for as long as possible. This can sometimes be up to an hour depending on time constraints.

Blow drying
My hair needs to be blow dried. It is of a style that if it isn't blow dried bad things happen...

I keep this pretty simple currently switching between two products. The first is the VO5 Miracle Concentrate with Argan oil. This product does wonders when blow drying my hair, it makes it smooth & soft along with taming any fly away. Although my hair is short I like to use a generous amount of this product simple because my hair is so dry it needs it! I was a total div & spilt my bottle losing about a 1/5 of it - not a happy bunny that morning! I will 100% repurchase this stuff when my bottle runs dry. Total miracle product.

The second is the Tresemme Split Remedy Treatment. Something I bought on a whim trying to make up an offer in actual fact it has become a firm favourite hair care product for me. It leaves me hair soft & tamed without weighting it down or making it greasy. I wouldn't chose this over the Miracle Concentrate but it is a lovely product that works really well. I like to think of this as my not doing much but am doing my hair-hair product. If that even makes sense?!

I also use the Toni & Guy Heat defense spray lightly on my fringe prior to straightening.

Styling
This last step is key in getting the style correct with my hair cut but it doesn't really have any products which particularly 'care' for my hair. For volume I like to use a powder/dust, currently it is a Schwarzkopf one that a friend left at my flat & later gifted to me but I loved the VO5 version too. I use this for a little bit of height &texture through the top of my hair. To mess it up a little & to hold the style in place I choose one of three products; Toni & Guy Defining wax for defined texture (silver pot) or the Toni & Guy Funky gum for flexible separation with shine or my one true hair wax love that is oh so expensive but fabulous the Shu Uemura Kengo Feather. If I could chose one product to style my hair with it would be the Kengo Feather but I can't afford it every time I need a new tube although the tubes last for ages. One day I will use this bad boy everyday but for now the Toni & Guy waxes do the job when I don't feel like using my Kengo feather. The defining wax funnily enough gives my hair definition & texture while adding a bit of weight whereas the Funky gum gives a lighter feel to the hair as well as giving the hair some texture & shine.

So that is pretty much my hair routine! Hopefully someone finds it useful?!

2 comments:

  1. I love the V05 Miracle Concentrate :) and the Touch of Silver shampoo was a godsend when I had platinum blonde hair x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this, I found it so useful! My hair is quite similar to yours so it's great to know what so,done else is doing! Thianks for commenting on my blog too, it was very kind of you and I hope you continue to enjoy it! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete