9 September 2012

Reading

I like to think that my blog is a good & honest representation of me, this said I thought I would include a few posts about books. Reading is a massive hobby for me, sitting down & getting completely lost in a book is one of my favourite things to do so I want to try to incorporate this into Erratic Glamour.

I read anything, if it sparks an interest in me; romance, crime, autobiographical, classic, fiction, non-fiction... My love from reading comes from my dad, he is the smartest person I know & has so much knowledge across such a range of topics I guess, I sort of aspire to this quality. He always told me 'If you don't know something (and want to to know more) look it up!' This has led to quite a new flicks through encyclopedias & Googles of the strangest nature but I found the answer to my ponder!

Some of my favourite read:
'Pride & Prejudice' by Jane Austen
Simply for Elizabeth Bennet as a character, Mr Darcy *Swoon* & the love story!

'To Kill a Mockingbird' by Harper Lee If you have not read this book, go & do it. It is such a wonderful story. The best book I read in all my school exams. Truly wonderful.

Sherlock Holmes Collection of Short Stories by Arthur Conan Doyle His image of Victorian London is so beautifully & accurately portrayed along with the search for the criminal, the character of Sherlock Holmes & his relationship with Dr Watson. Quite a heavy read but if you like this genre definitely check them out!

I am currently reading Ernest Hemingway 'A Moveable Feast' which is making me crave a Parisian life & 'The Constant Princess' By Phillipa Gregory, this is about Katherine of Aragon. I read 'The Other Boleyn Girl' first which was probably a mistake but I know what happens in the end of all the tudor series book so no big surprises really...

What are you reading? x

0 comments:

Post a Comment