27 April 2014

Six For Sunday


one // nose piercing



I am in a debate at the moment about whether to get my nose pierced or not. Nothing crazy, just a really simple little stud.What do we think? Would it be totally inappropriate/look ridiculous? Getting a bit of jewellery added to your face is quite a big decision I think. Not like it could be easily hidden.

two // Jamaica Inn

Following reading Daphne Du Mauriers Jamaica Inn back in February/March time I naturally tuned into the BBC adaption running Monday through Wednesday this week. Not as good as the book, as the book is exceptional but still a good watch. I know that some people complained that the sound wasn't too good but I didn't have any problems understanding it... Plus Jem was a total babe <3

three // Taking Back Sunday

I love it when you fall back into listening to a band or an artist. They totally fall off your radar for a few years then one day you hear one of their songs and bam you love them again. Cute without the e, Flicker Fade and Sink into me are the theme songs of my days as of late.

Anyone else fallen back into listening to a band?

four // Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

After falling off my reading challenge. Actually this seems to be a constant theme through my life right now, not sure what happened there?! I am back into my reading challenge and book number 4 is Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. Very late getting on the band wagon for this one but the movie is out in the Autumn so I need go read it before then. Always read the book first!

So far I am loving it. The writing style is engaging and to the point without lacking description and I've not even each the key lot change!

five // Sunshine

How much of a difference does a nice sunny day make? People are so much chirpier and nice! It makes such a difference plus it means some semi-summer close can be rocked. Come on summer, maxi dresses and sandals all day ery day are calling. So excited for summer days in the Meadows and beer gardens galore! #summer2014

six // hair growth

I haven't done a hair growing update in a long time. I figured there wasn't much point doing it as regularly as when it was really short and growing out because there won't be that much of an obvious difference. My hair has some length to it now and actually I am liking where it is at. Got myself a wee cheeky fringe and a bob compared to where my hair was this time last year - it is crazy!

Happy Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I have Gone Girl on my shelf and haven't read it yet, I need to, this is a good reminder that I need to get onto that.

    Happy Sunday to you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had it on my shelf for ages finally got round to picking it up. So good!

      Delete
  2. Love your blog and saw your request for some advice on whether to get my nose pierced or not. I have my nose pierced and work at a law firm. We really aren’t able to have piercings and tattoos that are extremely noticeable so I had to do something discrete. I decided to get a small nose stud (1.2mm diamond stud). I've actually had it for a few years now (ah! so old!) and I love it. I had it done while nose rings weren't insanely popular--in fact none of my friends or anyone around me had one at the time--and it's truly become a part of my face. Not to worry, you have a cute nose and it will look fabulous on your face. A small stud will enhance your natural beauty, not detract from it.

    How do I handle makeup? When I do certain things like nose pore strips, facials, etc. I tend to take it out so that I can actually get my whole nose since it can get in the way a bit. However, one thing I always debate over is whether or not I should take it out prior to applying my makeup. I usually leave it in because I don't want to buff makeup into the small hole it leaves behind when removed--which results in me having to clean any foundation or powder that gets on it with a Q-tip. Which of course leaves me thinking yet again ... should I have taken it out?

    After getting the nose stud I could barely see it, it was absolutely gorgeous. I now have a couple of small, colored gemstones I wear with the outfits and makeup. The best part about my piercing is that my boss hasn’t noticed it which is GREAT!

    I say go for it and it will complement your lovely eyes and face.

    Amyswor1765@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice, my manager is totally fine with it just not got round to getting it done as of yet. I think I would love it if I got it done.

      Nice to get some advice on it. Have a good Sunday xx

      Delete